(Closed) Manager of Esports Center
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Manager for the Esports Center. This position will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Rutgers University Esports Center in the Busch Student Center while also establishing and maintaining a robust competitive Esports program within the university community. The Esports Center is a state-of-the-art facility with 60 high-end gaming PCs, gaming consoles, and other gaming technology. The Center will function as a recreational space for the university population and a training facility for Rutgers University Esports teams.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Manages the development, planning, and implementation of the programs and services offered at the Esports Center.
- Fosters an inclusive community atmosphere through recreational and competitive events.
- Develops and executes regular events and programs in the Center including but not limited to, creating intramural programs, events for the Rutgers community, summer camps and Rutgers gaming club events.
- Oversees the student staff which assist in operating the facility and ensure the facility is being managed properly while sustaining the overall operating budget of the Center; effectively generating revenue to support the program.
- Oversees the overall development and growth of the established Esports program.
- Supports the needs of the student gaming population through mentoring and advising while developing programs and competitive opportunities reflective of our diverse student population on campus.
- Develops partnerships and opportunities of collaboration with other university departments through strategic partnerships which identify academic research opportunities in areas of computer science, engineering, education, and social sciences.
- Builds relationships with local and global corporate entities which support the Esports community while working closely with the Director of Development to foster any philanthropic opportunities.
- Works closely with the Office of Information Technology to maintain, support, and update the computer infrastructure and networking needs of the space
Minimum Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of business and/or customer service.
- Must have three year’s experience in the video game and/or Esports industry.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is university policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment. For additional information please see the Non-Discrimination Statement at the following web address: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/non-discrimination-statement