UX & Market Insights Director
Mixing the world-class expertise of six different crafts – Product Marketing, User Acquisition, User Experience Research, Market Intelligence, Marketing Video Production, and Player Experience, our team’s main mission is to fuel the growth of our games portfolio.
Largely embedded within game teams and in close collaboration with a large variety of stakeholders, our role is to identify, anticipate and make sure to satisfy our target audiences’ needs and wants. We do this across all touchpoints – from early research on new concepts, to how we reach out to millions of players through our marketing campaigns, or to how we engage them through our social networks and other discussion platforms.
We’re looking for a UX & Market Insights Director to join our central team based in our Espoo Finland Studio.
As the UX & Market Insights Director at Rovio you will leverage your passion for mobile games, psychology, user research and UX design skills to help game teams understand their audience and create the most intuitive, accessible, user friendly and engaging games in the mobile industry.
As a central Director, you will have the opportunity to work across all of Rovio’s studios to influence the whole of Rovio’s portfolio, with a focus on genre mastery. This includes working closely with many parts of the organisation including; leadership, studio management, game leads, BI, marketing, design, UX design, UA, brand, developers, external research platforms, community and legal.
Through your team you will help influence and inform business strategy and game decisions at all stages of development, by driving qualitative and quantitative research, understanding the market and ensuring insights are delivered to key stakeholders.
The players' experience comes first at Rovio, so in this critical role your job as the UX & Market Insights Director is to drive a ‘players first’ mindset across the company by championing the player and driving user centric ways of working.
Ultimately your role will be to inspire positive change to help grow the UX maturity at Rovio.
Please submit your CV along with your portfolio showcasing strong examples of research work when you apply.
- Manage Rovio’s UX Research and Market Insight team, including resources and budgeting
- Ability to coach UX research and market insight teams towards excellence, ensuring assignments are appropriately matched to teams skill sets and strengths
- Deep UX research and some design craft experience with a skill for communicating with leaders from every craft and the ability to drive UX vision in a highly strategic and tactical way
- Ability to develop and execute on a UX strategy
- Lead the UX research and design craft, culture and methods across the company and support knowledge sharing
- Recruit, manage and mentor the UX research team in tools, best practices, processes, techniques, methodology and ensure the craft keeps developing
- Review deliverables and share learnings across the company
- Work closely with studio leadership and key stakeholders to align on goals and priorities
- Supporting Market Insights on understanding gaming markets and trend analyses, focused on factors from business performances to the evolution of gamer behaviors and tool analysis improvements.
- Staying on the alert for emerging global trends and developments in the gaming industry
- Be a strong voice and advocate for the player and drive user centered ways of working across the company
- Educate studios on core user experience principles, and drive a user focused mindset across the company.
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend new UX research and design techniques, technologies, methodologies and process improvements.
- Actively influence, prioritize and make recommendations for studies and findings to team members and studio management.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Experience in managing UX research teams
- Proven leadership skills and motivated by continuous development of craft and people
- Passion for user research and design and keeping up with current trends.
- Deep knowledge and passion for mobile gaming and understanding the people who play them.
- Extensive knowledge and a broad range of skills in design, research and qualitative and quantitative methods applied in a business environment.
- A strong influencer to push forward product insights to key stakeholders and a proven ability to translate findings into actionable product improvements.
- Demonstrated experience with helping organizations improve their research methods.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational, project management and analytical skills.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams including partnering with business intelligence and data scientists for data exchange.
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively, has initiative and can drive projects to completion with minimal oversight.