UA/ Performance Marketing Team Lead (Puzzle Studio)
User acquisition helps our games to grow their user base by finding the most valuable target audiences. The craft relies heavily on data and changes rapidly; sometimes the learnings expire in a matter of months. This requires fast thinking, openness to venture out from comfort zone and reading into the smallest of indicators in the data. Close communication with multiple different teams is vital and makes the job interesting. Showing an ad in the right place at the right time to the right person sounds almost impossible but the UA team makes it possible.
If acquisition marketing is your playfield, you are not satisfied with status-quo but always strive to improve and learn, let’s have a chat. We are looking for a UA/ Performance Marketing Team Lead based in Helsinki Metropolitan Area, Finland.
As Performance Marketing Team Lead, you will lead the development, planning and execution of acquisition marketing strategies for a selection of games from our Puzzle studio - such as Angry Birds Dream Blast or Small Town Murders, leveraging multi-million dollar budgets to drive profitable growth globally. Reporting into the studio Craft Lead, alongside a team of performance marketers that you’ll lead & mentor, you will support our acquisition efforts for the games you’re in charge of , while leading strategic, high-volume experimentation on all key current and potential user acquisition channels. You will work cross-functionally with Product, Finance, Marketing and Tech and report directly to the Studio Craft Lead for Performance Marketing.
- Grow our games revenue through performance marketing
- Support the definition and leadership of the overall UA strategy for our Puzzle games
- In collaboration with your team, oversee the UA budget and strategy for your Puzzle games and how they are leveraged within the constraints of our corporate governance
- Lead our Performance Marketing team within the studio: hiring, mentoring, ensuring their integration within the larger organization and giving them a clear purpose and strategy while overseeing their tactical execution
- Bring analysis and insight to acquisition funnel measurement, including helping to define & set goals for KPIs on each game, and working with Business Intelligence & Data Engineering on implementing performance predictions
- Partner with Product to maximize growth opportunities and embed the marketing agenda within the games’ lifecycle
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence and Finance on investment forecasts, budgeting and cash flow projections based on performance marketing investments
- Partner with BI and other teams to develop relevant dashboards and tools to analyze UA performance and provide reporting on performance at a regular cadence for key stakeholders
- Drive a relentless culture of experimentation on all key existing UA channels, while also ideating and establishing new user acquisition funnels for Rovio’s portfolio of games
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and optimize multi-million dollar acquisition budgets
- Proven success of leading and managing a growth-driven UA (or Performance Marketing) team. If not, a track record of successful mentorship and training
- Deeply connected in the games marketing scene
- Wide understanding of UA strategies and channels outside of tracked marketing
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional leadership in Product, Finance, Creative and Business Intelligence/ Data Engineering
- Balance of data-driven analytical skills and understanding of creatives
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Growth mindset: never satisfied with status-quo, always strive to improve and learn, encourage teams and colleagues to do the same
We’d love if you have some of these:
- 5+ years of acquisition marketing experience, with preference for mobile apps - ideally, games - and specific experience with Facebook, Google, mobile ad networks and mobile ad exchange
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager, VP Marketing. Before diving deeper into your competencies, we would like to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role. This discussion will be followed by a test.
- Second and third meetings: You will meet the Performance Marketing team.
- Final meetings: You will meet the studio heads. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
About the Marketing team:
Mixing the world-class expertise of six different crafts – Product Marketing, User Acquisition, User Experience Research, Market Intelligence, Marketing Video Production, and Player Experience, our Marketing team’s main mission is to fuel the growth of our games portfolio. Largely embedded within game teams and in close collaboration with a large variety of stakeholders, our role is to identify, anticipate and make sure to satisfy our target audiences’ needs and wants. We do this across all touchpoints – from early research on new concepts, to how we reach out to millions of players through our marketing campaigns, or to how we engage them through our social networks and other discussion platforms.