Senior Game Designer
Your job posting will start with your team/studio’s introduction created here.
Rovio Toronto is a budding new studio; we are an ambitious, games-loving bunch who aim to make creative casual F2P games that make their mark and reach millions of players. Our goal is to grow and find excellence through ongoing iteration driven by data and player feedback - and make fan-favourite games along the way.
We are committed to living the Rovio values of team empowerment and work-life balance in a collaborative, transparent and bubbly environment. As a new studio, we have a unique opportunity to leverage our experience to be bold and build an amazing place to create memorable & impactful games.
We are currently looking for an accomplished Senior Designer to join the team! You will leverage your knowledge of casual and social game systems & mechanics to pitch new game concepts, prototype and champion a player-first approach.
As an avid creator and player, you are intent on leaving a mark in the casual F2P market with a team of dedicated game crafters!
- Create and oversee designs for cutting edge casual games
- Create and lead the execution of game conceptions that achieve both creative and commercial success in mobile F2P
- Share knowledge with the team and mentor designers
- Continuously learn and keep improving with ambitious and likeminded gaming professionals
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Several years of commercial experience and proven success working on mobile F2P games, preferably both working on a live game as well as developing a game from scratch
- Experience in creating strong game concepts and leading their execution
- Shipped at least one game as the Lead Designer
- Strong social game design skills, understanding the dynamics of competition and collaboration
- Experience in creating and managing highly balanced game systems and economies
- Skills and passion to lead game vision, willingness to have an open mind and adapt and iterate designs, but also steer and make decisions when needed
- A genuine interest and keen knowledge of F2P and mobile games, as well as the wider world of gaming
- Strong interest in data-driven approach to support & validate intuition
And some bonuses could be:
- Prototyping experience
- Live game /events experience
- Unity or C# skills
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will meet with the Studio Head and Game Lead to see how you would fit with our working culture and learn more about projects.
- Final Round: You will meet with a Creative Director at Rovio. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.