Senior Data Analyst (Team Manager)
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Business Intelligence to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The Business intelligence team aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We are now looking for a passionate Senior Data Analyst, Team Manager to join our Stockholm Studio. This senior role in the studio will have a key position in growing our games, on top of the team leadership duties.
We expect you to be a gamer at heart with ROI on the top of your mind. To thrive in this position you will need excellent social skills to be able to work with anyone from creatives to finance and demonstrate the ability to explain complex subjects to them. Additionally, you should be able to clearly define suggestions and work with your team to accomplish their goals. Communication is key to make data actionable.
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Driving decision making through presentation of work
- Spreading best practices to analytics and game teams
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Understanding changes in key metrics and long-term trends
- Building models of user behavior for analysis
- Building dashboards and reports
- Building data sets and automating analyses using SQL
- Designing and evaluating tracking events
- Providing leadership and support to a team of data analysts
- Coaching team members to improve their performance and help them advance in their career development
- Willingness to re-imagine ways of working
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Passion for gaming and problem solving!
- 3+ years experience as an analyst or data scientist or product manager
- Ability to turn analysis into valuable action
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills
- Data literacy and quantitative analysis skills
- Knowledge of advanced SQL
- Experience in A/B testing design, implementation and decision making
- High level of proficiency in relevant scripting language(s), e.g. Python or R
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Ability to lead the work of others in the craft and provide constructive feedback
- Fluent English skills
- Openness to feedback and ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly iterating environment
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Prior experience working in the gaming industry
- Prior experience in leading team
In case youd be moving from abroad, we'll offer you relocation support and make sure you have a smooth start with us in Stockholm. Don't keep us waiting but send your application already today!