Senior Data Analyst
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Rovio. It enables us to continually improve our games and provide incredible experiences for the millions of users who play our games every day. All of this data is only valuable if it can be used to guide our day to day operations. It is the job of Business Intelligence to turn that raw data into actionable insights for Rovio’s games teams and other business units. The Business intelligence team aims to empower Rovio’s teams with insightful data, and also with relevant tools and models that support decision making.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join and help our Small Town Murders game team in Puzzle Studio and our mystery loving players.
Over time you might find a role in any of the game teams at Rovio’s Puzzle Studio, but right now we’re looking for someone to join the Small Town Murders team. With your skills and expertise, you'll be in the core of decision making and help craft the future of the young game—perhaps even the entire studio. A person we believe will do great in this role is someone who loves games (especially F2P), has a good eye for data and understands how to make others see it the same way, and can work both independently and as a problem solver for the entire team.
- Build meaningful analyses to answer the team’s most pressing gameplay questions, and be always on the lookout for the next big thing that’s holding us back
- Design experiments that allow us to validate our hypotheses, then translate the results into learnings that help steer our games in the right direction
- Develop tools to bring a data-driven point of view to everyday work the the team
- Ensure that critical business decisions are backed with data
- Years of experience generating recommendations from data
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Expert knowledge of Python/R and SQL
- Experience in building dashboards and visualizations (e.g. Looker, Periscope, Tableau, Power BI)
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Prior experience working in the gaming industry, especially in the F2P mobile casual genre
- Understanding of how modern user acquisition works and how it affects game metrics and direction of the game
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will complete an exercise in your own time.
- Third round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and / or team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop. We also try to give you a chance to meet the wider team.
Don't let us wait and send your application today!
About Our Puzzle Studio
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.