Intermediate Backend Developer
Rovio has recently opened a Montreal studio, with the goal to reinvent the way people play games. We are building a hands-on team of artists, technologists, designers and innovators inside a culture of trust, passion, and innovation and aspire towards radical transparency and candor, empowering leadership and true work/life balance.
We are committed to the continual improvement of our projects, tools, communication, and ourselves, while keeping the atmosphere friendly, inclusive, respectful and supportive. We make sure that we learn both from our mistakes and our success as we grow in number and in experience.
At Rovio, we believe that great games are made by people who are passionate about actually making them! And, of course, we plan to Change The World for the better with groundbreaking games we will build.
Summary Of Your Role
In this role you will be working with an unannounced project, and a team that is focused on and driven by innovation. The goal for you will be to build a highly scalable system that will reach out to hundreds of millions of players. You’ll do this together with a team that has a proven track record of major growth.
As a Backend Developer in our team, you need a proven record in implementing and maintaining server backend. You should have experience and good understanding of designing, implementing and testing server functionalities. You will be working closely with other server and client programmers, game producers and game designers.W
hat you will do | Ce que tu feras:
- Design, implement and test game backend functionalities (in a microservice architecture)
- Create, maintain and operate the game server cloud infrastructures
- Develop systems that are efficient, secure and adaptable for future changes
- Collaborate with senior backend developers in designing solutions for given tasks
- Work in a team with other developers, designers and artists
- Develop systems using a test driven development philosophy
You’ll need these skills | Tu auras besoin de ces compétences:
- Minimum 4 years of server programming experience
- Good knowledge and experience of cloud platforms and related technologies, for example AWS, GCP or Azure
- Have at least two years experience with a strongly typed programming language (Java, C#, C++, etc.)
- Strong experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Good understanding of computer science algorithms
We’d love if you have some of these | Nous adorerions que tu aies certains de ces attributs:
- Mastery of development in a multithreaded environment
- Understanding of message queue systems
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in Rest-API based services
- Automation using Python, Bash or other languages is a strong plus
- Automation of infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)