Rovio’s Stockholm Studio is the studio behind the hugely popular Angry Birds 2, the bigger, badder and birdier sequel to the global phenomenon that put Angry Birds on the map. The studio is dedicated to making the Angry Birds 2 game experience ever more exciting for players, developing continual improvements, as well as running world class live ops every day.
In addition to Angry Birds 2, Stockholm studio is actively developing new titles in the RPG genre, with the Angry Birds brand and also new original IPs. Our ambitious teams are full of passionate RPG players who are eager to leave their mark. We describe our approach to this wide genre as “lean RPG” – we strive to create games that are approachable, but retain the deep mechanics and late game that RPG players know and love.
When making games with our lean RPG approach, we employ the design pillars of approachability, fresh core gameplay, a focus on our super fans, and creating living game experiences through live-ops. Our development is driven by our players. We use data to provide insights into our players’ needs, and we always strive for improvement through continual iteration.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Game Developer to join our successful Lean RPG Studio in Stockholm, Sweden. We believe in genre mastery and every new lean RPG must be better than the last one. You will be working on the prototype factory which is developing new groundbreaking RPG hits. There are opportunities to work on and keep improving our already world class games as well!
- Implement game features with other developers in the team
- Work with server developers for seamless backend integration
- Optimize the games to run smoothly on mobile platforms
- Participate in prototyping new game features
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Minimum 3 years of commercial game programming experience
- Minimum 1,5 years of game development experience with Unity
- Strong programming skills with C#
- Experience with debugging, profiling and performance optimizations
- Good understanding of mobile platforms and hardware
- Experience with F2P games both as a developer and a player
- Analytical problem solving skills
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Knowledge of game architecture and technologies
- Experience with unit tests and test driven development (TDD)
- First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio.
- Code test as homework: We would like to know better your coding skills and it is an opportunity for you to present what you are capable of.
- Second rounds: Technical interview with our developers along with a discussion with the game team. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
Don't keep us waiting but send your application already today!