Rovio has opened a Montreal studio, with the goal to reinvent the way people play games. We are building a hands-on team of artists, technologists, designers and innovators inside a culture of trust, passion, and innovation and aspire towards radical transparency and candor, empowering leadership and true work/life balance.
We are committed to the continual improvement of our projects, tools, communication, and ourselves, while keeping the atmosphere friendly, inclusive, respectful and supportive. We make sure that we learn both from our mistakes and our success as we grow in number and in experience.
And, of course, we plan to Change The World for the better with groundbreaking games we will build.
Summary of your role:
At Rovio, we believe that great games are made by people who are passionate about actually making them! The Game Economic Designer will be responsible for designing economic systems, tracking metrics of live features and doing the proper adjustments to improve the game experience and players’ engagement. We are looking for a real team player, a person who would work closely with technical/creative people.
What you will do:
- Create economic systems for a new ip during its conception phase and beyond.
- Build simulations and support other game designers in their iterations of game mechanics.
- Design and iterate on the engagement strategies (progression and content).
- Establish the pricing strategy for items/ events / services and propose concepts to improve the monetization of the product.
- Prepare dashboards to measure the impact of features/content updates on specific users segments.
- Plan, conduct A/B tests and communicate what works.
- Write and maintain design documentation for reference purposes and facilitate the analyses that will be done in post launch.
You’ll need these skills:
- Strong proficiency in Excel and SQL.
- Work experience on a live product operated as a service.
- Ability to turn analyses into actionable recommendations.
We’d love you to have some of these:
- Interest in scripting languages (example : Python).
- Understanding of player motivation and a passion for video games.
- First meeting: Get-to-know each other meeting with the hiring manager, our current project and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: Give information about Rovio and the studio of Montreal. It will also be an opportunity to meet other key people of the team.
- Final round: Technical interview with an expert of the discipline.