Chief Operating Officer
Rovio Entertainment Corporation is a global mobile-first games company that creates, develops, and publishes mobile games, as well as licenses the Angry Birds brand for consumer products, movies, animations, and other entertainment. Rovio is best known for the global Angry Birds brand, which started as a popular mobile game in 2009 and has since evolved from games to various entertainment and consumer products through brand licensing.
At Rovio, we craft joy with player-focused gaming experiences that last for decades. Joy is both our end goal and the means for us to get there. The joy we find in our work translates to games and entertainment that spark imagination and put smiles on peoples’ faces. We want to deliver high-value experiences to our players, and we never take their time with us lightly. We believe joy can stand the test of time and ultimately create meaningful change.
We are currently looking for a distinguished leader to drive the execution of Rovio’s vision, strategy, and day-to-day operations. We expect that you have a deep-rooted passion for mobile free-to-play (F2P) games while having an impressive track record for leading game development in a fast-paced, ever-learning, creative-minded environment. In your role, you would be championing cross-functional relationships with teams to execute Rovio’s exciting growth strategy via day-to-day operations.
- Lead, coach, and develop studios and central game development teams via a high-performance operational management team to ensure we are delivering against key business strategy, objectives, and metrics
- Drive the games portfolio planning and roadmap execution ensuring both new games delivery and live games successful operation
- Bring thought leadership and innovation to the mobile games development and business with a deep understanding of the constantly evolving market. Work in partnership with other leaders of the organization to drive effective games overall business
- Develop and follow KPIs to accurately measure the performance of the business, provide reports with in-depth analysis on the status of the business operations
- Foster and act as a role model for a growth mindset, high-performance, value-based culture, and working environment within the operational management team and the whole company
- Collaborate and act as a strategic partner to the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure to accommodate the growth objectives of our organization
Who we think will do great in this role:
- Strong experience and excellent skills in managing and leading diverse cross-functional teams
- Deep understanding of the game industry and passion for games in all their forms, particularly on F2P mobile games
- Proven game production experience, sharp business sense, and deep product knowledge, ability to see the big picture in all areas of game development
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving in the fast-paced environment
- Strong will to continuously learn and challenge conventions to always keep improving
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and collaboration skills, high level of integrity, and approachability
- 10+ years of line management experience in relevant fields
- Several years of working experience (preferably 10+) with mobile games
- Extensive experience managing profit and loss, budgeting process, and large daily revenue numbers
- Experience in working with executive levels of management
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been, and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: Interviews with members from our operational and leadership team so we can learn about you from different angles. We encourage you to use this time to discuss these different areas with the respected members to learn more about them and how we approach them at Rovio.
- Final round: You will meet members from Rovio Board of Directors.