(Closed) Storyboard Artist
We are looking for a skilled Storyboard Artist who specializes in high-intensity action sequences to join our ever growing animation team. Responsibilities will involve working with the director to visualize story beats quickly and clearly, and choreographing hand-to-hand combat. This is a remote position.
- Work with the Director and Storyboard Supervisor to communicate ideas through storyboards
- Devise new action beats and choreograph dynamic fight sequences
- Self-assess progress and utilize time management techniques to meet deadlines and milestones
- Address any problems by communicating with the Director, Producer, Supervisor, or Coordinator
- Able to offer strong solutions and bring new ideas to the table
- Communicate progress of work to Producer and to appropriate production staff.
- Provide accurate time estimated for the completion of assignments.
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work
- Follow proper document management requirements, according to the production’s guidelines
- 2+ years of experience on past productions
- Demonstrated strong sense of fight choreography, action design, and visual storytelling in portfolio
- In-depth proficiency with chosen digital drawing software (Storyboard Pro is a plus!)
- Strong understanding of camera techniques and principles
- Strong will and self-motivation to complete tasks on time
- Works well within a teamResume and portfolio
- Deep knowledge of Anime is a plus
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 3 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.