(Closed) Software Engineer - Animation
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a skilled Software Engineer generalist to join our ever growing team. The animation department at RT has long been a driving force within the company creating shows such as RWBY, Red vs Blue, Camp Camp, gen:Lock, RTAA, Nomad of Nowhere, and several other projects. We are a team of hardworking individuals who take pride in every step of our pipelines.
The Animation engineering team works in an Agile environment and assists by automating tasks and coding systems and tools that extend content creation capabilities. We believe passionately in attracting the best and brightest for our team, creating the most engaging and impressive animated productions online or elsewhere (while also having more than a little fun in the process).
A strong candidate will have a proven track record of creative leadership, interpersonal skills, and production experience to help Rooster Teeth fulfill its objectives. If you’re the type of person who gets excited about code, collaboration, communication, and community, then we want to hear from you!
- Please note that this is NOT a web development position.
- We encourage individuals of all genders (including cis-, trans- and non-binary) and historically marginalized communities (including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+) to apply.
- Develop systems & tools to establish and support workflows for Rooster Teeth's content creation pipeline(s)
- Provide system administration over servers and storage infrastructure that supports content creation pipelines.
- Develop custom tools, integrations and plugins for 3D and 2D animated content creation to automate manual tasks and implement custom Computer Graphic algorithms, standardize import/export of data, etc.
- Integrations include Shotgun Toolkit, Maya, 3D Studio Max, Houdini, Toonboom, Adobe Suite, Unreal, Nuke and render farm software such as Deadline, Royal Render and OpenCue
- Create and maintain standardizations, methodologies, and documentation
- Provide technical support to artists both for developed tools and third party packages
- Educate artists on automation tool usage and best practices
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in supporting film, commercial, or other entertainment media agencies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong computer architecture knowledge
- Strong system administration experience
- Extensive experience with digital content creation tools
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience using C#, Python, or other scripting languages
- Familiarity with building modular and dynamically extensible solutions
- Interest in usability and user interface design
- Strong grasp of 3D math
- Understanding of 3D content creation tools such as Houdini and Maya
- Flexibility to learn new programs and adapt to organizational needs within production
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Positive team-oriented attitude with a good work ethic and desire to constantly improve
- Must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative organization in an iterative development lifecycle
- Direct experience building content creation workflows for the entertainment industry
- Experience with Shotgun application
- Experience with developing plug-ins for Shotgun Tookit, Houdini, Maya, or Toonboom
- Experience with programming back-end architecture for the Unreal Engine
- Experience with improving the throughput of a Render Farm
- Experience with optimizing the storage and management of digital assets
- Experience with Motion Capture technology
- Experience with data management and databases
- Good knowledge of Shader coding
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. We also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its hub and 3 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, an AT&T / Warner Media company.