Lead Rigging Artist
Lead Rigging Artist - Contract
Rooster Teeth is looking for a rigging artist to hop on board and lead the team. This person will be responsible for not only creating high dynamic rigs but also work with the animation team in order to support their needs. The rigging artist also needs to be able to work with our tech team in order to create the necessary scripts and tools required for the job.
- Create rigging and skinning on new and existing charactersCreate facial shapes for expressions for the characters (blendshapes & bones).
- Add joints into the model, skin weighting, and blend shape creation for the rig.
- Provide technical direction on models, as needed, ensuring technical requirements are met prior to rigging phase.
- Communicate the need for custom tools and scripts to the supervisor.
- Assist with developing approved custom tools.
- Innovate on current pipeline procedures as new techniques and software become available as well as to enhance currently existing workflows in conjunction with show/department production staff.
- Establish proper document management requirements, according to the production’s guidelines.
- Collaborate with the team to properly document production disciplines for our pipeline.
- Support the producers on the project with tasking as it relates to the discipline.
- Provide, receive, and execute on feedback in a professional manner
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy and kinematics
- 2+ Years of experience with modeling, rigging and skin weighting Mel/Python Experience a must
- Experience working collaboratively
- Studio experience a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of modeling and animation workflows
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a production pipeline
- Maya Experience Required3ds Max experience a plus
- Demo Reel and Resume