Head of Casting and Talent
Austin-based entertainment and media company Rooster Teeth is searching for a new Head of Talent for its Direct team, Rooster Teeth’s direct-to-consumer content business. We’re searching for a candidate that is highly motivated and passionate about supporting creative talent, with a background in building programs and strategies to identify, cast, and develop new on-camera personalities. Rooster Teeth also has an expansive ecosystem of brands and digital series that require a nimble and adaptable Head of Talent that is capable of supporting the needs of our current roster of creators, while also collaborating with lead producers to create new opportunities for talent both internally and externally. This position will report directly to the SVP of Partnerships and Strategy.
Please note that this is NOT a standard recruitment position.
*In this climate of constant change, candidates must be able to work and telecommunicate from home, as well as be able to work onsite if/when that becomes an option.*
- Guide and support producers casting audio/video podcasts, comedy, and gaming series.
- Coach the creative and professional development of full-time on-camera personalities.
- Identify and shepherd candidates, both internally and externally sourced, for full-time on-camera roles.
- Create a talent/development pipeline that prioritizes inclusive and equitable casting and best practices.
- Expand the roster of contract-based guests and recurring on-camera personalities.
- Follow trends in digital programming, and identify areas of potential growth that require investments in internal creative and talent development.
- 5+ years of experience working directly with creative talent as a casting director, manager, agent, creative executive, producer, or another similar role is required.
- Background working within the digital entertainment industry, including but not limited to YouTube, Twitch, podcasting, gaming, and short-form comedy, is highly desirable.
- Experience performing on camera, particularly in digital content, is also a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to navigate and build strong interdepartmental relationships.
- High level of organization, detail orientation, and ability to time-manage across multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all personality types and behaviors.
- Knowledge of SAG & AFTRA union contracts a plus.
Benefits + Perks:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company.