Digital Matte Painter (Remote Options)
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a Digital Matte Painter to become a part of our ever-growing team! Digital Matte Painters are responsible for creating matte paintings, set extensions, shot concepts or sky domes, which are either standalone or integrated into animated stylized productions. Looking for candidates that have a love of animation and experience in live action, animated features or similar productions.
In this climate of constant change, candidates must be able to work and telecommunicate from home.
- Create matte painted set extensions, shot concepts and sky domes.
- Work closely with the Director and Art Director to create matte paintings that fit within the style and look of the show.
- Pull show assets and layout in Maya to create base renders for matte paintings.
- Create multi layered Photoshop matte paintings that can be exported as layers.
- Deliver multi camera projection setups in Nuke to compositing.
- Work with Production on bidding tasks and developing a delivery schedule.
- Minimum 2 years of industry or related experience.
- Well versed in stylistic art painting styles.
- Extensive knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques.
- Experience in modeling and texturing utilizing Maya
- Redshift Render experience in Maya is a plus.
- Proficient in time management of multiple priorities and tasks within a set deadline.
- Effective communication and interaction with different departments
- Demo Reel and Resume