Rooster Teeth Studios is seeking three motivated and hardworking development interns for the winter semester.
This is an environment where we want to help students learn more about the creative process and how to work on a creative team. We want interns that ask questions, have creative opinions to share, and want to actively seek out ways to help within the department that can turn into valuable learning experiences. Prior experience in the entertainment industry is preferable but not required.
The interns will work closely with the development group on both SCRIPTED and UNSCRIPTED projects, including opportunities to:
- Read scripts/treatments/books to provide detailed coverage on both scripted and unscripted projects
- Opportunities to shadow assistant desks to learn entry-level desk skills with desk coverage possibilities
- Watch and evaluate samples and possible formats for television
- Help research ongoing projects and assemble pitch materials
- General office tasks including filing/organization of our digital records, taking notes, etc
- Have strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A genuine passion for TV and movies
- A strong desire to learn about development
- Ability to multi-task, follow instructions, and a self-starter
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at our website.