(Closed) Concept Artist
Rooster Teeth is looking for a talented contract Concept Artist to create characters, UI, and in show 2D graphics as needed. This individual will partner closely with and take direction from our Art Director, Lead Artist, and production team; the person in this position must ensure all background concepts align with our aesthetic and are created in adherence to our production schedule. A keen eye for accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to take direction are imperative, as this individual will have to ensure that all assets created are documented appropriately and can be utilized by downstream departments (ie Modeling, Rigging, & Look Dev.)
- Work closely with the Art Director and Lead to make sure the concept designs match to the style of the show
- Create concepts of all requested assets in varying stages (Exploration to Final Detailed Concepts) to support internal and/or external teams
- Adhere to the schedule and deliver assets on time
- Take ownership of concept work for various characters, environments, and/or props and collaborate with other departments such as Modeling, Look Dev, Rigging, Storyboards, Layout and Animation
- Design visually cohesive fictional worlds and characters
- Provide technical and key design element breakdowns to ensure Modeling, Look Dev and Viz Post can achieve what’s been designed accurately.
- Create visual documentation that supports asset creation in all stages
- Provide and receive feedback in a professional manner
- 2-3 years of Industry Experience as a Concept Artist
- Expertise in Photoshop with a core understanding of the inner workings of the design software
- Knowledge of Maya and Nuke a Plus
- Excellent communication and organization skills, with an ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company.