(Closed) Community Engagement Intern
Rooster Teeth Productions is looking for a Community Engagement Intern Intern to join our Rooster Teeth team for our Fall Intern Program!
In an internship at Rooster Teeth you’ll be exposed to all areas of the business via a solid foundation of learning through training and work experience. We’re looking for fun, energetic, college students who have a passion for digital entertainment and want to learn the ins and outs of online video while working in one of the coolest offices in Austin, in one of the coolest industries out there. Do you love animation, video games, and all things geek culture? Then this opportunity could be for you!
*In this climate of constant change, candidates must be able to work and telecommunicate from home, as well as be able to work onsite if/when that becomes an option.*
CANDIDATES MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN COLLEGE - APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Create fun and engaging community posts for the Animation department across multiple platforms including YouTube, Twitter and Facebook.
- Work with Showrunners and Editors to post highlight clips for content to drive viewership and awareness
- Compile journal entries from staff to post on RoosterTeeth.com
- Work with Marketing to ensure community posts share a unified brand voice.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly production and marketing meetings.
- Develop new content strategies alongside studio leadership based on experience
- Currently enrolled in college (You must provide a letter of verification)
- An understanding and appreciation for Rooster Teeth content, especially Animation.
- General understanding of social platforms, their content formats and culture.
- Excellent written communications.
- Strong sense of creativity, comedy, and awareness of trends with a desire to further improve skills and techniques.
- Understanding of Adobe Creative suite a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of anime, video games, comics and all things geek/nerd culture a plus.
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.