Rooster Teeth’s Audio Department is looking for a dedicated intern interested in learning from our talented team of Audio Engineers. We are providing an opportunity to work on animated properties such as RWBY, Death Battle, and Red vs Blue, as well as, learn applicable skill-sets to further a career path in post production audio. Ideally, we are looking for an intern who will be Austin-based, as this internship will likely be a combination of work-from-home and studio experience. We are a team of hardworking individuals who take pride in every step of our pipeline. If you’re the type of person who gets excited about collaboration, communication, and sound design, then you’re the type of person we want to hear from!
- Learn what it takes to work with a post production audio team on both Animated and Live Action projects
- Assist in Recording and editing dialogue
- Undertaking of basic sound edit and sound design tasks
- Attend Department meetings, Project Kick Offs and Sound Design Reviews
- Interface with Supervising Sound Editors and Directorial staff to learn how we establish and realize aural vision for each production
- Computer capable of running Pro Tools (Can provide Pro Tools license if necessary)
- Completed or currently enrolled in an audio production program for recording, designing and mixing sound for TV or Film
- Basic working knowledge of Pro Tools on macOS
- Basic knowledge of VO recording gear and practices
- Basic ability to search through SFX libraries and then place SFX to video
- Understanding of basic sound groups, e.g. dialogue, music, sfx, etc.
- Good team-player attitude and the ability to take constructive feedback from project leads
- Highly detail-oriented
- Note: This is not a music related position, although musical ability can come in handy
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more on our website.