UI Artist & Integrator
Intermediate or Senior Position / Full-Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic UI Artist & Integrator to join our highly passionate, Montreal-based team of creative developers and industry veterans, in order to work on a brand-new and original IP for next-gen consoles and PC.
As part of this full-time position, you will be responsible for creating and integrating AAA-quality UI assets for our new and ambitious third-person Action-RPG, within a medium-sized team using Unreal Engine. You will be working under the Creative Director, Assistant Art Director and the Lead UI/UX’s direct supervision, in close partnership with other artists, designers, and various departmental leads.
Rogue Factor Offers
- An opportunity to take ownership over your creative work on a groundbreaking new IP, and to exert a direct influence over the end product’s quality and success.
- Competitive salary and employee benefits package, including group insurance, telemedicine service, unlimited sick days, employer contribution to your RRSPs, internet cashback and gym membership.
- Flexible work hours and a hybrid remote / on-site work formula.
- Advantageous development budgets and appropriate production timelines on medium size and truly unique projects - created by and for gamers.
- A dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work environment.
- Continued training and career development opportunities.
- Create AAA-quality UI visual assets that will both respect the principles of the project’s creative direction and fulfill its artistic vision, while also taking into account the end product’s technical constraints.
- Contribute to every aspect of the user interface pipeline: drive the exploration of the UI’s creative direction, produce mock-ups from the wireframes you’ll design along with the UI/UX Lead, create placeholders as well as final in-game assets, and then see to their integration and optimization within Unreal Engine 4.
- Work autonomously and with different stakeholders to implement and refine state-of-the-art processes and techniques capable of improving the studio’s UI pipelines, in order to ensure the highest possible quality and efficiency.
- Push back the limits of the project’s creative direction by proactively contributing to brainstorming sessions and art reviews, in order to propose new ideas and contents, as well as to provide advice on the best practices to drive their implementation.
- Take part in additional duties, which may include assisting with content creation, quality control and any other activities necessary to the project’s delivery and success.
- Diploma in a relevant academic field (visual arts and effects, graphic design, game development, animation, cinema, computer science, or other).
- 3+ years of experience in video game art, including a notable experience as a UI Artist in at least 1 shipped title.
- Experience with all steps of the UI pipeline : moodboards and exploration, wireframes, mockups, high-resolution raster graphics production and engine integration.
- Excellent knowledge of an industry-standard 2D graphic solution : Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator, Corel Draw, etc.
- Ability to work within highly technical constraints, in close collaboration with programmers, designers and other artists.
- Ability for rapid and iterative creation based on peer feedback and directions, as well as to innovate and adapt to new styles and techniques.
- Professional integrity, extreme attention to details, as well as the capacity to clearly represent abstract concepts.
- The ideal candidate will be autonomous yet also a strong team player, creative, open-minded, exhibit a positive attitude and possess strong organizational and communication skills (in both French and English), as well as display an eagerness for learning and self-improvement.
- Experience in shipping 2+ successful AA/AAA titles for consoles and PC, while occupying a UI Artist role through at least one complete development cycle.
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience in following production roadmaps with AGILE management tools like Jira.
Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
Rogue Factor is an equal opportunity employer.
Although we wish to sincerely thank all applicants, only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.