Senior Gameplay Programmer
Rocksteady Studios is a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family, and the developer of the award-winning Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time.
We’re a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Posting Job Description
Here at Rocksteady Studios we are looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer who is passionate about creating awesome games.
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title. This role involves working on core gameplay systems such as combat and enemy AI.
- To be responsible for driving and implementing new core gameplay features through all stages of production: design, scheduling, implementation and polish.
- Give constructive and proactive input into the design of new features and the iteration of existing ones.
- Collaborating closely with other team members from all disciplines; communicating technical concepts and requirements and facilitating smooth workflow
- Be a positive, active, and contributing team member.
- Offer advice and suggestions for improving the development process.
- To be proactive and help with problem solving both within the team and across the studio
- Experience working on gameplay features such as combat, enemy AI, vehicles, traversal.
- Advanced understanding in C/C++.
- Demonstrable video game design skills.
- A good understanding of game technology principles.
- Must be a team player and know the importance of listening to others.
- A passion for all kinds of video games!
- Excellent communication skills