Principal Technical Animator
Rocksteady Studios is a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family, and the developer of the award-winning Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time.
We’re a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Posting Job Description
Here at Rocksteady Studios we are looking for a Principal Technical Animator/Rigger who is passionate about supporting great teams in creating awesome games.
You should be highly motivated in learning and/or developing techniques and pipelines to improve animation, asset and rigging workflows.
- Work with other teams to create and design models, rigs and systems that works with and supports project needs and solve technical problems.
- Enhance visual quality of our assets and deformations while keeping project performance and time constraints in mind.
- Develop and integrate workflows and tools that push the quality, efficiency and adaptability of animation and art pipelines.
- Support the team and collaborate with leads to create and maintain documentation for technical animation.
- Support and mentor more junior members of the department.
- Complex rigging/technical animation experience in Games or VFX/Feature Film.
- Strong working knowledge in Python in Maya and coding standards and practices.
- Keen eye for anatomy and form for deformation quality.
- Experience with gameplay technical animation – such as state machines, cloth, physics and ragdoll setups.
- Experience in developing facial rigs.
- Experience working with Jira/Shotgun and their APIs.
- Programming knowledge such as C++/Maya API & Plugin Writing
- Experience in 3Ds Max and PyMax.
- Interest and experience with machine learning.
- Interest and knowledge in maths!