Internal QA Manager
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add a QA Manager to its family of staff. We are looking for a seasoned Quality Assurance professional, who has shipped several AAA titles as a Lead QA Tester or QA Manager, Reporting to QA’s Producer, the QA Manager will lead the QA team & be responsible for testing all aspects of our studio’s AAA game.
- Lead the QA team by setting the example in professional standards & diligent QA practice
- Manage the QA team to effectively & thoroughly test, to ensure the quality of our project.
- Shape the staffing plan & career development of the RSQA team.
- Set the vision fo QA professional standards, and QA process across the various phases of the project from production to post launch DLC phase and develop a plan to achieve them.
- Maintain the high-level QA test plan schedule, QA test plans & all other QA documentation in conjunction with publisher QA.
- Manage the process & use of the bug tracking database & other QA tools.
- Manage the QA communication strategy with internal & external partners.
- Manage automated testing in co-ordination with internal & external developers based on specifications from all QA teams.
- Coordinate with internal & external teams on the testing of Localization, Cert & Legal testing.
- Coordinate the priority of testing requirements with the Production team.
Location: London, UK
- Experience of testing on a range of platforms (Consoles and PC) & of managing PC compatibility testing.
- Computer literate with a strong ability to pick up new software packages quickly.
- Excellent MS Office Skills.
- Expansive knowledge of TCRs & TRCs.
- Experience in establishing & managing localization pipelines.
- Advanced bug database management & maintenance experience.
- Excellent understanding of game development, technical testing with proven areas of ownership.
- Developed & implemented strong & comprehensive test plans.
- Held a Lead or QA Manager role on several AAA released titles.
- Skilled at scheduling QA teams
- Experience of working & maintaining a good relationship with external parties.
- Amiable and approachable with strong communication skills.
- Proven experience of leading a team directly & creating high-quality output as an individual.
- Experience of working directly with a development team across the course of a project.
- The ability to work closely with the development team in identifying, reporting and recreating bugs.
- Experience of working on localised projects.
- Usability testing experience.
- Strong analytical skills & a keen eye for detail.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic & a desire to make world-class AAA games.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Basic understanding of any of the following: CSS, C# or C++.
- Expertise in network technologies and debugging tools.
- Scripting experience in Python, Ruby, Perl or similar languages to support automation of the QA process.
- A self-starter who has taken part in games development projects/development jams & is experienced using industry software & development engines.
- E.g. Supply references to any accolades or portfolios.
- University degree or equivalent qualifications in a technical or video games-related field.
- Experience with using the following software:
- Visual Studio
- Ideally would have been involved in taking a multi-platform project through the full certification process.
- An avid enthusiast for games on all platforms. Must love games!
- Private family medical care.
- Private family dental care.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Excellent annual bonus scheme.
- £1,000 to £5,000 Finder’s fee for helping recruitment.
- 25 days of paid holiday + 8 public holidays per year.
- 2 days off per year to support a charity of your choice.
- Studio closes between Xmas and New Year (Discretionary)
- Comprehensive Relocation Support.
- Tons of studio clubs to help you get to know people:
- Comic book, War gaming, Board games, Home brewing, Chess, New Parents, Photography, Film nights
- Yoga 5x per week at lunchtimes in our mocap room.
- Football 2x per week at lunchtimes.
- Life Drawing 1x per week in the evening.
- World class training speakers hosted on-site.
- Access to multiple online training websites.
- Access to entire DC back catalogue on Comixology.
- Monthly team meals
- On-site subsidised Masseuse.
- Quarterly salary & promotion reviews.
- Yearly Line Manager & Studio Peer Performance review process.
- Subsidised gym in the office complex.
- Invites to WB films in their London based private cinema before their release date.
- Discounts to WB goodies i.e. HBO, WB films, TV, Harry Potter tour.
- Staff only merchandise store.
- State of the art office with the entire 190+ dev team in 1 open-plan room.
- Free vending machine snacks, fruit, juices and soft drinks.
- National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan.
- Discounted bicycle equipment to encourage biking to work.
- Employee Support Assistance Programme (Free personal counselling and guidance support).
- Free Eye Test & Discounted Glasses.
- Gym Pass – 70% discount with access to 1495 gyms.
- Back up care benefit – reduced cost of nurseries, in home nannies, holiday clubs or adult personal care workers.
- Game and Book library.