Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic gameplay programmer who is ready for the challenge of bringing the Suicide Squad to life in our upcoming multiplayer AAA title on next generation platforms.
- As a member of the Player Team you will be responsible for delivering a range of gameplay features including character traversal mechanics, camera, and controls.
- You will be working closely with designers, producers, animators, artists, and QA to drive features through all stages of production, as well as the other Player Team coders, taking a collaborative approach.
- You will be responsible for implementing features to a high quality, in a network friendly manner, providing tools, documentation and support including automated tests and low-level debugging.
- You will have a focus on both fast iteration but also maintainable, well-structured high-quality code.
- You will be a positive, pro-active, and contributing team member, both within the team and across the studio.
- An advanced understanding of C++.
- Solid understanding of 3D maths.
- Experience working on reactive, intuitive, real time gameplay mechanics.
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for collaboration.
- Must be a team player and appreciate the importance of listening to others.
- An interest in game design.
- An enthusiasm for collaboration.
- A passion for all kinds of video games!
- Private family medical care.
- Private family dental care.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Excellent annual bonus scheme.
- £1,000 to £5,000 Finder’s fee for helping recruitment.
- 25 days of paid holiday + 8 public holidays per year.
- 2 days off per year to support a charity of your choice.
- The studio closes between Xmas and New Year (Discretionary)
- Comprehensive Relocation Support.
- Tons of studio clubs to help you get to know people:
- Comic book, Wargaming, Board games, Homebrewing, Chess, New Parents, Photography, Film nights.
- Yoga 5x per week at lunchtimes in our mocap room.
- Football 2x per week at lunchtimes.
- Life Drawing 1x per week in the evening.
- World-class training speakers hosted on-site.
- Access to multiple online training websites.
- Access to the entire DC back catalogue on Comixology.
- Monthly team meals/outings.
- On-site subsidised Masseuse.
- Quarterly salary & promotion reviews.
- Yearly Line Manager & Studio Peer Performance review process.
- Subsidised gym in the office complex.
- Invites to WB films in their London private cinema before their release date.
- Discounts to WB goodies i.e. HBO, WB films, TV, Harry Potter tour.
- Staff only merchandise store.
- State of the art office with the entire 200+ dev team in 1 open-plan room.
- Free vending machine snacks, fruit, juices and soft drinks.
- National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan.
- Discounted bicycle equipment to encouraging biking to work.
- Employee Support Assistance Programme (Free personal counselling and guidance support).
- Free Eye Test & Discounted Glasses.
- Gym Pass – 70% discount with access to 1495 gyms.
- Back up care benefit – reduced cost of nurseries, in-home nannies, holiday clubs or adult personal care workers.
- Game and Book library.