WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
Rocksteady is looking for an Art Team Manager to join our diverse and collaborative studio to work on our upcoming title Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
The role is to ensure the Art team is well managed, and to both evaluate and facilitate team-specific needs to enable the Directors, Managers and Leads to invest more time meeting their development objectives. This role is a leadership and operations role, rather than a production role. This role will act as coach to existing management in the Art Department, to upskill their leadership capabilities and in turn, enable them to serve their teams more effectively.
You’ll collaborate with everyone in the Art Department, other Department Managers, and Director group; to build on the management culture and support already in place, fostering an excellence and inclusion culture across the Department, and ultimately ensuring everyone in the Department is engaged and applied to the appropriate challenges. The Art Team Manager would report to the Art Director.
- Developing a positive, inclusive, and rewarding team culture - including developing and maintaining a healthy feedback framework within the Department
- Collaborating with the other Department Managers and Studio Director to build and operate a supportive Management framework for the company
- Empowering people through high-quality management – utilising a variety of techniques, and a tailored approach
- Leading the performance management, evaluation, and development for the Department - aligning the team with company objectives
- Driving recruitment for the Art Department - Interviewing/organizing/scheduling with the current managers
- Responsible for onboarding, offboarding, and probations of team members – working with HR to continuously improve these cycles
- Organising training programs and seminars for continued skills improvement
- Setting strategic long and short-term goals that improve the Departments capabilities and expertise
- Optimising how the Department works, to deliver quality and timely results - working closely with Art Department Leaders on related projects to find best practices
- Supporting general issues with other Departments such as relocation, moving between teams, communication
- Extensive experience in team management, ideally working with creative and/or technical teams
- Experience managing hiring process for Artist & Specialist roles, and creating a scalable, inclusive interview process
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills – evidenced through experience mentoring, influencing and motivating – and experience authoring clear, detailed documentation/policies for a group
- Able to work well on your own to develop ideas, vision, and direction for the team, as well as work as part of the larger team
- Self-motivated to learn new techniques and methods
- Experience in leading/managing Outsource teams
- HR and/or Management qualifications
- Passion for the latest management techniques, in creative fields
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected]