VFX Tools Programmer
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by VFX artists to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- These tools include particle editors and content exporters, as well as tools to bridge between program like 3ds Max and Houdini.
- Work within the Tools team on several of areas in an established codebase, including our asset pipeline and standalone user-interfaces.
- Primarily would be responsible for the VFX tools and pipeline including our particle editor, VFX exporters, and other content creation tools.
- Implement tasks to specification defined by the Lead Tools programmers.
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Games industry experience working on AAA titles desired.
- Experience with the 3ds Max SDK and MaxScript, or Houdini and Python desired.
- Previous experience working with VFX editors and runtime desired.
- Strong .Net/C# and WPF skills.
- Strong C/C++ skills.
- Familiarity with at least one asset pipeline.
- Familiarity with at least one digital content creation package, 3ds Max and Houdini would be preferable.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Ruby, Python).
- Strong team communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of current real-time rendering and graphics techniques is a huge plus!
- Houdini’s VEX (Houdini’s programming language), Houdini Digital Assets (HDA), Houdini Pyro solvers and RBD constrain networks, and Houdini Engine for 3ds Max.
- Experience with rigid body simulations in Houdini.
- Passion for Rockstar's games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.