At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar London is on the lookout for a talented UX Writer who possesses a strong sense of design and puts the user first. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in London.
WHAT WE DO
- We work as a global UI/UX Design team to collaborate on player experiences.
- We aim to craft intuitive and engaging player-centric user interfaces across all Rockstar titles.
- We collaborate with other teams to help shape aspects of the game user experience at the micro and macro level.
- We engage in features outside of the game such as online and apps, aiming for a unified and complimentary user experience.
- Write clear and concise content for use in game applications such as menus and related systems.
- Work closely with cross-functional team members to develop content style guides for in-game usage.
- Support in defining the content strategy for our in-game UI systems.
- Support in the definition and maintenance of written aspects of internal UI/UX documentation.
- Support teams in the production and usage of written content throughout the development process.
- Proofreading and editing text updates.
- 2+ years of experience in UX writing, content design, or content strategy on a product team or in the games industry.
- Portfolio of writing samples.
- Bulletproof writing and editing skills.
- Organised with attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns.
- Experience writing content principles and style guides.
- Great communication skills to work closely with our team based across the UK and US.
- Passion for playing and making games.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience of using modern design tools and workflows (Figma, InVision, Adobe CC, etc).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.