Technical Art Development Support
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Leeds is looking for a passionate and talented Technical Artist at entry level to join the team to help develop and support our titles. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio based in Leeds.
WHAT WE DO
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout Art production - from content creation through to the game (across multiple platforms).
- Create and maintain tools that improve our Art creation/editing workflows.
- Provide general support for Art team and document/share solutions/knowledge with wider team.
- Proactively use knowledge and experience to identify and solve problems before they affect the Art team.
- Work closely with fellow Technical Artists as part of wider global team working on interconnected tools and systems.
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments (aside from the Art department) such as Tools and Runtime (Engine) teams.
- Monitoring automated processes (code builder and various pipelines).
- Fixing of routine automation issues.
- Communication of non-routine automation issues.
- Quality assurance and testing of new functionality where required.
- Document existing processes and fixes for routine automation issues.
- Constructive feedback on code base and existing processes.
- Setting up new automated processes and providing status reports of systems.
- A relevant degree or professional experience in the game industry.
- Software QA or development support experience preferable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Adept at learning new tech/systems and keenness to understand how things work.
- Ability to report on issues accurately and descriptively.
- Passion for games and specifically Rockstar' games.
- A strong work ethic.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of source control (such as Perforce or GIT).
- Experience in any object oriented compiled or scripted programming languages (Python, C#, C++, Objective-C).
- Knowledge of DCC packages such as 3ds Max, Houdini, Motionbuilder, Maya, Substance, Photoshop.
- Experience working with any 'off the shelf' automated build solutions such as; Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Experience using game engines (e.g., Unreal/Unity or proprietary tech).
- Experience working on large projects which have multiple teams across different time zones and countries.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.