SQL Server DBA
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
What We Do
- The Rockstar Database team provides operational and development support for critical platforms and services.
- Installation, architecture, and configuration of MS SQL 2014-2017.
- Perfom proactive and reactive performance tuning.
- Participate in ongoing SQL development projects providing table design, stored procedure design / reviews and architecture knowledge.
- Create and design high performance database schemas with a solid understanding of SQL Server internals.
- Develop automation and scripts to perform proactive maintenance.
- Participate in 24/7 operations via on call rotation schedule.
- Database backup and recovery.
- Provide guidance to engineers, architects, and additional team members.
- Perform basic to advance routine DBA activities & service requests.
- Determine effective methods to increase performance.
- 6+ years of current administration experience in MS SQL Server.
- Knowledge of deployments and source control.
- Must possess advanced SQL skills.
- Proficiency in TSQL.
- Knowledge in storage, servers, operating systems, and application interaction.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures.
- A sense of ownership, initiative, and drive.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Passion for Rockstar Games.
- Knowledge of .NET/C#.
How To Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.