Software Engineer (.NET/C#), Services - New England
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New England is on the lookout for talented .NET/C# Developers that consider software development to be a craft. The ideal candidate possesses a passion for tackling complex problems at scale. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in New England.
WHAT WE DO
- We create connected experiences that are found across our game franchises.
- We create online services for our games, including matchmaking, cloud saves, leaderboards, player inventory, player stats, bounties, and more.
- We improve existing features as well as architect new solutions to support the development of the Social Club community and website.
- We create innovative in-game experiences, including user-generated content.
- Develop distributed online game services and APIs in .NET/C#
- Create and support online enabled in-game features that enhance the gameplay experience.
- Participate in system design and peer code reviews.
- Collaboration with other Rockstar technology teams across our worldwide studios.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience developing enterprise-level applications.
- Possess versatility and willingness to regularly tackle new challenges.
- Passion for web technologies and a desire to remain up to date with the latest technologies.
- Knowledge of code architecture fundamentals.
- Expert in C# and/or C++
- Strong CS fundamentals, including an excellent understanding of OO design patterns and concepts.
- Experience with API design and development.
- Knowledge of web service scalability, performance, and security practices.
- Database development experience (MSSQL).
- Experience with source control, preferably Perforce.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience building online gaming systems, commerce systems, social networking systems, search systems.
- One or more titles shipped on console or PC; preferably on the Xbox and/or PlayStation consoles.
- Familiarity with networking systems and their components including DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer, and client-server models.
- Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Xbox Live, Sony NP, and Games for Windows Live.
- Knowledge of Agile software development processes.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain the next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to the hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.