Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Windows
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to manage the infrastructure and Windows based services used by our players. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of Windows systems and a strong inclination to automate repetitive tasks and develop tooling. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in Carlsbad. Whether it’s the beach or mountains, San Diego is considered one of the best places to live year-round.
WHAT WE DO
- We provide operational support for critical platforms and services that enable connected experiences that are found across our game franchises.
- We constantly review our processes with the aim of automating wherever possible.
- Configure, install and maintain Windows servers and related applications across a highly available, public facing environment.
- Work within a distributed team to design and develop automated workflows using PowerShell/DSC and Chef.
- Manage and support .NET/ASP.NET web sites and services.
- Perform root cause analysis through multiple infrastructure layers.
- Manage and maintain local site storage including Brocade, EMC and Compellent hardware.
- Manage and support local site VMware clusters.
- Administer and deploy SQL Server 2017/2019, in both clustered and non-clustered configurations.
- Administer monitoring and metrics systems such as CheckMK, Splunk, Grafana.
- Provide timely and creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Respond to critical requests during off hours in an on-call rotation.
- 5+ years of experience managing highly distributed, Windows based, production environments.
- Expert level understanding of Windows Server operating system internals.
- Experience with configuration management or infrastructure as code tools (Chef preferred).
- Proficient in a high-level language like PowerShell or Python to automate tasks.
- Strong experience with VMware, IIS and SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and HTTP.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field.
- MCSE/MCITP certification, or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting online gaming development and production environments.
- Linux administration – preferably LAMP stack.
- Experience with containerization technology (preferably Docker).
- General Cisco administration experience for adding removing VLANS, setting up ACLs.
- Knowledge of C#.
- Knowledge of NoSQL Databases (MongoDB/Redis, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.