Senior Script Framework Architect
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is looking for talented developers whose skill set combines technical excellence with a passion for making games. As part of the Design/Scripting team you will be developing script framework and coding gameplay systems. You will be required to engage with a range of classic game programming areas such as AI, physics, animation, UI, and data management among others.
WHAT WE DO
- Our team creates the backbone upon which the rest of the design team authors our game’s missions, random events, ambient life, and everything in between. Additionally, we create tools to facilitate said authoring, improve iteration times and increase the productivity of all teams, not just the design department.
- We assume responsibility for programming the design team’s systems, creating code which is often complex and intricate – both for single player and online content. That responsibility also extends to the analyzation and optimization of code created by our teammates and us.
- Our ability to implement design centric systems directly allows us to quickly iterate on new features and ideas, often with less of a dependence on the programming team. This frees both departments up from potential bottlenecks.
- As our systems affect many other teams and departments, we are proficient in both inter- and intra-studio communication, relying on and providing feedback to other teams, ultimately empowering us to create the immersive worlds we are known for.
- Design and implement systems that make up the backbone of the framework running content in our games.
- Help to define the structure and flow of data across multiple data-driven systems and domains.
- Work as part of the design department and with the code team to help shape the C++/C# interface.
- Identify and fix memory performance issues.
- Help define code standards, work processes, and look after the overall code quality.
- Software architecture/programming related degree is a huge plus.
- Demonstrable experience of working on large scale software projects.
- Expert knowledge of C#.
- Experience with large scale refactors.
- Experience working on complex data-driven systems.
- Ability to define a clear set of requirements for solving a specific software engineering problem.
- Ability to write clean and robust code that can serve as an example for others trying to solve similar problems.
- Real passion for game development and software architecture.
- Good knowledge of C++.
- At least one shipped title.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. Please make sure to include examples of your work with code samples. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar Games recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.