(Closed) Previsualization Technician
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a well-focused Previsualization Technician to provide technical support to our production team. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique performance capture studio in Long Island, NY.
The focus of this position will be to ensure all digital assets are prepared and available for use during production, thus a a strong understanding of Autodesk Motionbuilder is crucial. The production stage hosts live action shoots, and is a high pressure and fast-pace environment. The work of the Previs Technician is often at the center of attention on a busy stage and can set or delay the pace of our production.
The successful candidate will possess unconditional focus and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple requests at once from various disciplines such as set builders, animators, and directors. In addition to onset responsibilities, this role will also interface with other global team members to advance our motion capture pipeline and related tools.
- Help manage digital assets onset during our real-time productions.
- Utilize Autodesk Motionbuilder to solve technical issues within a fast-paced production environment.
- Help develop workflow pipelines and propriety tool sets.
- Drive R&D and stay on top of new technology.
- Ensure quality and continuity of all captured data.
- Minimum 3 years working experience with Autodesk MotionBuilder.
- Understanding of the basic principles of character animation.
- Working knowledge of Python for MotionBuilder.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong technological, mathematic, and 3D problem-solving skills.
- Superlative communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are an absolute must.
- Ability to stay calm, work hard, and find solutions even under tight deadlines and stressful situations.
- Disciplined workflow practices with tremendous ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and reliable individuals are a must for this role.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Working experience in production and animation.
- Linx OS knowledge
- Thorough understanding and passion for Rockstar games.
- Please note, this position will be based in our Bethpage, Long Island, NY location.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.