Physics Programmer (Junior / Mid Level)
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar London is on the lookout for a talented Physics Programmer who possesses a passion for developing cutting-edge physics and collision systems, using them in creative and novel ways. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of London.
WHAT WE DO
- We iterate toward the perfect blend of realism and fun in how games feel to play by utilizing the core physics engine.
- We implement a variety of physics-based systems including, but not limited to vehicle dynamics, water, destructible objects and rope.
- We support the design, AI and gameplay teams to be able to use the physics systems in order to create novel new mission, AI and gameplay mechanics.
- Support and collaborate with other departments such as design, animation & AI, to implement complex game features.
- Help maintain existing vehicle systems and expand them to support new features throughout the lifetime of our projects.
- Work with artists to create new interactive objects and vehicles for the game.
- Physics, mathematics, computer science or equivalent degree.
- 2+ years game programming experience or relevant demos/code samples.
- Ability to work with artists, designers, coders and other content creators to make sure they can get the most out of our technology.
- Passionate about playing and making games.
- Demonstrable experience in C/C++.
- Knowledge of rigid, multi body simulation and Newtonian mechanics.
- Strong maths skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math).
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an emphasis on debugging C++ code.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- A video show reel demonstrating your creativity and flair for gameplay programming, preferably with an emphasis on utilizing physics.
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics.
- One shipped title; preferably on the Xbox and/or PlayStation consoles.
- Familiarity with existing physics engines.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.