At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is looking for an experienced and passionate Photogrammetry Artist to join the team to help develop and support our titles. This role will also involve the research and development of new technology for future titles, as well as improving existing technology and tools.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Oakville.
WHAT WE DO
- We produce high quality scans with detailed meshes and excellent texture qualities.
- We support art pipelines; including environment, characters and props.
- We work with Technical Artists to maintain and improve our proprietary scan tools.
- We bring innovation to art pipelines through planning and delivering workable solutions.
- We collaborate and communicate with other departments such as Tools and Code (engine) teams to improve our workflows.
- Work closely with art directors and artists to understand their
- Deliver relevant high-quality scans and assets for game development.
- Provide input in tools development and improve pipelines to ensure the best results from our production workflows and processes.
- Work with the team organizing, documenting, and maintaining workflows and processes used through the photogrammetry pipeline.
- Ensure scan data maintains the highest quality possible.
- Discuss and plan possible scan locations with Art Team, both local and international.
- Operate, refine, and maintain the proprietary scan equipment.
- Support and help create production tools used in new pipelines and future tech.
- Stay current with latest technologies and research ongoing in the field.
- Relevant experience in the photogrammetry field.
- Experience with one or more photogrammetry programs (e.g. Metashape, RealityCapture, etc).
- A demo reel and online portfolio demonstrating exceptional skills photographing, processing, and finishing scans from various disciplines.
- Photography experience – a full understanding of cameras and lighting
- Experience with Python 2.x/ 3.x, standalone or within the context of a relevant content creation package.
- Flexibility to travel and have .
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Drone-flying experience and
- Knowledge of development software (Houdini, Substance, Zbrush, 3D Max, Maya, Photoshop, etc).
- Experience with multi node capture rigs.
- Experience working with actors.
- Knowledge of PBR workflows.
- Experience in game art production.
- Experience using game engines (e.g. Unreal, Unity or proprietary tech).
- Knowledge of creating in-game assets.
- Professional experience as an Artist or Animator in games.
- Experience with PyQt or PYSide.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.