At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for a talented NOC Engineer who possess a passion for 24x7 Network Operations Surveillance and Support. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore, India.
What We Do
- This role involves 24x7 network surveillance and the buildout of monitoring networks and systems across several IT environments.
- The NOC team manages the design and implementation of new systems and is the escalation point for complex technical problems.
- Provide technical guidance to NOC Administrators while supporting 24x7 rotational shifts.
- Periodically check application and system health to support NOC Administrators.
- Day to day administration of 1000+ Windows/Linux servers, including related applications.
- Manage and support local site VMWare multi-cluster environment.
- Perform Level 1, Level 2, and/or, Level 3 administration of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Administer monitoring services such as Systems Center Operations Manager, Check_MK, Splunk, and AppDynamics.
- Record and respond to system events in accordance with established procedures.
- Correlate multiple monitoring system events and application status to ensure proper diagnosis.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system related issues. Update existing runbooks and/or develop new runbooks as required.
- Determine severity and urgency of an incident and take immediate action to restore service; escalating to Engineering staff as necessary.
- Ensure established communications structure is followed during system impacting events.
- Lead and direct troubleshooting efforts during P1 incidents.
- Ensure NOC Administrators can provide health status updates on production and development platforms.
- Look for improvements and offer recommendations to existing process and documentation.
- Protect players’ experience by applying initiative and sound judgment while adhering to established incident management tools.
- Identify events requiring new runbook and work with management to complete development.
- Serve as escalation point to NOC staff to support 24x7x365 coverage efforts.
- Perform control access management activities and conduct patch/remediation efforts.
- Lead and perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an I.T. and/or NOC role.
- 2+ years’ experience with MS SQL, VMware, and IIS including related technologies and standards such as DHCP, DNS, DFS, LDAP, IPSEC, CIFS, SMB, etc.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows Server Operating System, Active Directory & Microsoft SQL in an enterprise environment.
- Must understand the principles of TCP/IP based networks.
- Ability to work independently and possess superior skills in troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Strong sense of urgency with a passion for accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of monitoring and reporting tools.
- Proven experience in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Self-motivated in learning and enhancing technical skills to increase job effectiveness.
- As part of the 24x7 network surveillance team, this position requires participating in 9 and/or 12-hour rotational shifts as necessary.
- Working knowledge of highly complex IT systems.
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Strong understanding of network topology and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Attention to detail. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and training in Incident Management and Business Processes; ITIL, Six Sigma.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- 6+ years’ experience with supporting large online environments.
- Strong background in Windows/Linux server configuration, administration, and monitoring.
- Experience with any monitoring and support tools such as: Grafana, Cloudwatch, Graphite, InfluxDB, Check_MK, AppDynamics, Splunk, New Relic.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts.
How To Apply
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.