At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for a talented NOC Administrator who possess a passion for Network Operations Surveillance. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore, India.
What We Do
- The Network Operations Center at Rockstar monitors our games' enterprise and online infrastructures.
- We monitor multiple networks and systems across several IT environments.
- We manage complex technical problems and are in constant communication with staff at all levels to ensure notification and resolution.
- Support 24x7 coverage in rotational shifts.
- Record and react to system events in accordance with established procedures.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve network and infrastructure system related issues via pre-defined runbooks.
- Determine severity and urgency of an incident to take appropriate actions to restore service, escalating to Engineering staff as necessary.
- Adhere to established communications structure during system impacting events, recording timeline(s), and moderating technical bridges as needed.
- Serve as the central point for health status updates on production and development platforms.
- Perform RCAs to identify corrective actions, improvements, and/or runbook updates as necessary. Offer recommendations to existing documentation after each incident.
- Protect players’ experience by applying initiative and sound judgment while adhering to established incident management tools.
- Work with team leads for continuous process improvement.
- Analyze system events to ensure appropriate metrics are collected and archived.
- Lead and perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Occasionally play GTA Online and/or RDR Online to support development efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in I.T. Services and/or 24x7 NOC role is required.
- Familiar in SDLC. Experience bug tracking and servicing requests in a multi-team and multi-division environment.
- Ability to work independently and possess superior skills in troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Strong sense of urgency, with a passion for accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of monitoring and reporting tools.
- Proven experience in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Self-motivated in learning and enhancing technical skills to increase job effectiveness.
- Good understanding of principles of TCP/IP based networks.
- Ability to work in 9 hour and/or 12-hour rotational shifts, 24x7x365.
- Strong knowledge of computer operating systems and databases.
- Good understanding of network topology and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing business processes.
- Understanding of Incident Management.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- 4+ years’ relevant experience supporting large online / cloud environments.
- Hands-on experience in Windows/Linux server configuration, administration, and/or monitoring.
- Familiar with monitoring and support tools such as: Grafana, Graphite, InfluxDB, Check_MK, AppDynamics, Splunk, New Relic.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Knowledge of networking concepts.
How To Apply
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.