Motion Capture R&D Developer
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is looking for a Motion Capture R&D Developer to work with our award-winning development team in New York City and help create and build upon the next generation of motion capture technology and hardware.
You will be working with a talented core team of passionate and committed individuals to work on some of the largest scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You will have the opportunity to develop software and pipelines for the R&D hardware team as well as transform proof-of-concept prototypes to production ready use in a friendly and inclusive environment where you can collaborate with some of the most accomplished and driven people in the industry.
WHAT WE DO
- Work closely with the R&D hardware team to help develop tools that work with the prototype hardware and software solutions.
- Develop pipelines that can be integrated into a full production environment collaboratively working with the technical art, tools, and IT teams.
- Apply troubleshooting best practices and root cause analysis in an effort to identify issues, minimizing recurrence, and improve future design and integration.
- Work with 3rd party hardware companies to progress software and hardware that can be integrated into our pipelines.
- Provide development support throughout prototype evolution.
- Work with development teams to implement defined technical prototype solutions, creating new scripts and diagnosing tools to resolve problems.
- Maintain current software solutions and evolve as hardware improves/changes or project needs change.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Integrate and collaborate with other departments and team members as necessary
- Maintain and extend these systems based on input from development/production for both short term projects and longer-term goals.
- Develop software to enhance existing Face tracking solutions, image-based data capture, and motion tracking systems.
- Participate in discussions surrounding future workflow and tool development.
- Split time between long-term software development projects and day-to-day production support.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Expert knowledge with Programming Languages C++ and Python in a windows or Linux environment.
- Good knowledge of open-source utilities and numerical libraries: OpenCV, Dlib, CGAL, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of software design/development principles: design patterns, object-oriented design, etc.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP.
- Experience designing interfaces using GUI toolkits: Qt, PyQt/PySide, etc.
- Must have the ability to adapt to evolving tasks and priories as directed by stage production requirements.
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- An in-depth understanding of Motion Capture Systems and underpinning principal technologies involved.
- Experience with hardware accelerated video processing.
- Experience with OpenCL, DirectX and Intel Media SDK programming.
- Experience or knowledge of working with video/audio encoding, modifying containers, container formats, and streaming protocols.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.