Motion Capture Operator
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a Motion Capture Operator who will work side by side with a passionate team of animators and technical artists to create the world’s best video game character animation. This position will work within our performance capture department and be directly involved in production of animation assets.
This role will focus on maintaining and operating our proprietary capture systems and be a key component to the success of our high pressure and fast pace productions. This is a full-time permanent position based in our cutting-edge performance capture studio in Bethpage, Long Island.
WHAT WE DO
- The Performance Capture team at Rockstar is responsible for storyboarding, directing, and capturing all live actor data for use in Cinematics and in-game animations.
- We work with bleeding-edge technology to capture actors’ movement, facial, and audio data to create photo realistic content in our games.
- We fabricate sets, customize hardware, create props, and utilize every tool possible to improve the quality of our shoots.
- We capture the core data that serves as the backbone for our story and in-game animations across all of Rockstar’s titles.
- Provide support to the production in both physical and technical capacities.
- Ensure that motion capture equipment and technology are kept ready at all times to ensure production readiness and maximum efficiency.
- Test and validate software updates while continually advancing all systems through research and development.
- Technically prepare mocap props for capture sessions keeping all assets up to date at all times.
- Calibrate, capture, and process performer mocap assets during a fast-paced production environment.
- Acquire, track, and analyze motion capture data ensuring quality and continuity.
- Support all phases of performance capture - prep, production, and wrap.
- Minimum 2 years of motion capture experience.
- Experience working in both production and animation.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests at once from various disciplines such as our ADs, animators, and directors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform jobs efficiently.
- Possess disciplined workflow practices with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Tremendous reliability & commitment to quality work and performance.
- Ability to stay calm, work hard, and be dedicated to finding solutions.
- Strong tech, math, and 3D problem-solving skills.
- Please note, this position will be based in our Bethpage, Long Island, NY location.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.