At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is looking for an operational focused Microsoft SQL Server DBA who possesses a passion for monitoring, alerting, and tuning. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Database team provides development and operational support for critical platforms and services.
- Audit server health, error logs, windows logs, and application performance to take corrective actions if needed.
- Implement HA-DR solutions in tandem with architects and SQL developers using multi-data center best practices.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server internals to troubleshoot, and suggest, or implement improvements for database performance gains.
- Automate day-to-day tasks to increase team productivity.
- Setup and configure SQL Server installations according to best practices.
- Tune and configure SQL backups to maintain RTO and RPO targets.
- Participate in 24/7 operations via on call rotation schedule.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Provide guidance to SQL developers or architects as needed.
- 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server administration and development.
- Solid understanding of SQL Server internals.
- Knowledge of SQL Server configuration best practices.
- Extensive expertise with SQL backups and recovery.
- Knowledge of deployments and source control.
- Strong experience with performance query tuning.
- Advanced T-SQL skills.
- Strong experience developing stored procedures, functions, views, etc. for administrative purposes.
- Knowledge of storage, servers, operating systems and application interaction.
- Experience working in large enterprises environments with high concurrency.
- An understanding of relational theory.
- A sense of ownership, initiative and drive.
- Team player with a get it done attitude.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Passion for Rockstar Games.
- Knowledge of .NET/C#.
- Knowledge of SSRS and SSIS.
- Sentry One.
- Working experience with load testing.
- Knowledge of Splunk searches and dashboards.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.