At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Java Developer who possesses a passion for hands on development and excellent communication skills. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Edinburgh.
What We Do
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by all game development disciplines to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- The tools we build range from task management software, defect trackers with games console integration, distributed video recording systems, and reporting and analytics applications.
- Develop a strong understanding of the systems we use and learn new technologies to help advance our applications.
- Design and implement solutions to help us meet the challenges of fast-moving game development.
- Contribute towards the team’s software design best practices.
- Collaborate with other Rockstar technology teams across our worldwide studios.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of professional Java EE development experience.
- Accomplished Java EE programmer, with strong knowledge of design patterns, data structures and advanced programming concepts.
- Spring Boot.
- JPA / Hibernate & Hibernate Search.
- SQL / NoSQL
- REST / Web Service APIs.
- JUnit / TestNG / Unit testing.
- An excellent communicator and presenter of information to a variety of audiences.
- Organised about your work and capable of providing timely progress updates.
- Experience using Agile software development methods.
- Exposure to version control and CI/CD systems.
- Experience using a build automation tool such as Maven.
- A pragmatic approach to programming within a production environment.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- A willingness to do full stack development
- Exposure/experience in a Linux environment.
- C#, especially Microsoft WPF.
- Experience with Microservices architecture and multi-tier server applications.
- Exposure to Caching Systems, Docker/Kubernetes, Spring Cloud, Netflix Zuul, Netflix Eureka, Apache Kafka, ActiveMQ, Lucene, Swagger.
- Experience with data warehousing and analytics.
How To Apply
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.