(Closed) Gameplay Animator (All Levels)
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
The Gameplay Animation team specialises in locomotion for humans and animals, traversal, vehicles, and conversation systems to name a few. If you are passionate about animation and interested in building ground-breaking animation systems within a creative and unconstrained environment, please get in touch. Candidates with technical, problem-solving skills are especially encouraged to apply.
This is a full time permanent position based out of Rockstar's newest development studio in Dundee, Scotland.
WHAT WE DO
- We create open-world gameplay mechanics that are used to make immersive experiences.
- We work as a global animation team to collaborate on player experiences.
- We use our onsite motion capture facilities to prototype new systems, directing talent and fine-tuning the results with code and design.
- We participate in multi-discipline gameplay reviews, ensuring animation data is responsive and implemented with a strong consideration of technical and gameplay constraints.
- We encourage ownership and creativity where everyone’s voice is heard.
- Work closely with the wider animation team to produce natural, nuanced and believable animation sets for our gameplay mechanics.
- Verify the quality of the animations integrated into the game by playing regularly.
- Implement, troubleshoot and debug animation systems.
- Help improve animation pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding demo reel.
- Knowledge in one of: 3D Studio Max, MotionBuilder, or equivalent 3D program.
- Exceptional skill in animating humans and animals, with an emphasis on strong keyframe animation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work closely with Artists, Designers and Programmers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work in a self-directed manner and make timely, well-thought out decisions.
- Strong understanding of development issues involved in getting animations into a game.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual with a passion for game development.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Examples of animating believable quadrupeds, birds, creatures or other animals.
- Knowledge of commercial game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine.
- Expertise in MotionBuilder and working with motion capture data.
- Professional experience developing third-person action games.
- Willingness to travel to our other global studios.
- AAA experience a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.