(Closed) Finance Coordinator
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is seeking a Finance Coordinator to track and organize all outgoing payments related to our Performance Capture team. The successful candidate will have stellar people skills, a razor-sharp eye for detail, the ability to track multiple contracts or payments at once, and a passion for making the highest quality video games on the market. This is a full-time role, based out of our unique studio in the heart of Manhattan.
What We Do
- The Performance Capture team at Rockstar is responsible for storyboarding, directing, and capturing all live actor data for use in Cinematics and in-game animations.
- We work with bleeding-edge technology to capture actors’ movement, facial, and audio data to create photo realistic content in our games.
- We fabricate sets, customize hardware, create props, and utilize every tool possible to improve the quality of our shoots.
- We capture the core data that serves as the backbone for our story and in-game animations across all of Rockstar’s titles.
- Manage, track, and execute payments to actors, vendors, and all other third parties for services rendered to our Performance Capture shoots.
- Create and maintain budgets and spending forecasts for shoots.
- Work with Finance to track actual spend vs. budget and keep stakeholders informed at regular intervals.
- Handle purchase orders for all external vendors and coordinate payments.
- Work with Payroll to organize all actor payments, accounting for various hours and rates.
- Manage payments both for individuals and corporations (W-4, W-9).
- Work with Legal to understand differences in individual contracts and how those relate to payment terms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel required.
- Solid understanding of contract, invoice, and payment processes.
- Passion for Rockstar and our games.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with internal peers and management as well as vendors and outside agencies.
- Detail-oriented and highly efficient.
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations with a positive, solutions-oriented attitude.
- A strong work ethic and a desire to get the job done right no matter what.
- Flexible, able to adapt on the fly and deal with last-minute hires and contracts.
- Ability to work independently while remaining responsive to the needs of the larger production team.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with direct deposit and digital payments.
- Experience with SAG / AFTRA contracts.
- Knowledge of JDE.
- Experience with Payroll.
How To Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.