Engine Automation Programmer
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
What We Do
- We create automated tools that run the game to generate stability information, performance metrics, and game assets.
- Our automation system is client/server with a database backend. The client includes a custom debugger from which we run the game.
- Develop high performance and easy to use in-engine automation tools and systems for streaming, world representation, rendering, and other subsystems.
- Cooperate with artists, designers and other coders on how to best utilize the current technology.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and continue the technological evolution of the game.
- Diagnose performance and stability issues and develop solutions.
- Accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule.
- Mathematics/computer science/engineering degree or equivalent.
- Fluency in C / C++ and C# with multi-threaded programming familiarity.
- Knowledge of code and data optimization.
- Experience with debugging complex stability issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, experience working with designers, artists and fellow coders.
- Familiarity with client-server and peer to peer networking.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Strong C# including .NET and WCF skills.
- Self-motivated, and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- Passion for technology and games, in-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
- Knowledge of databases.
How To Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.