Director, Analytics & Data Science
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is on the lookout for talented Director who possess a passion for Analytics and Data Science. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- The team has 3 main focuses which include the Live Ops vertical, the Game Analytics vertical and the Analytics Platform Vertical; all of which are focused on understanding our online business, game health and stability, customer satisfaction, player experience and game systems.
- Projects and tasks have direct influence on the player experience and the game development.
- Layout the Analytics agenda for the organization to drive growth and revenue.
- Own strategy for advancing technology that aligns with successful product delivery and adoption.
- Drive acquisition and creation of tools as well as the development of the Analytics infrastructure for the team and stakeholders.
- Lead a team to analyze stakeholders’ needs and requirements to determine feasibility of analysis or prediction algorithm within time and cost constraints.
- Assure Rockstar’s ongoing competitive advantage through best-in-class analytics initiatives that have a high potential of applicability in the games industry.
- Work closely with Product, Production, Game, LiveOps, Engineering, and Executives to help define product business strategy and roadmaps (including budget, resourcing, and global product delivery).
- Partner with cross-functional teams to initiate, lead, or contribute to large-scale/complex strategic projects.
- Promote data design, data pipeline, and data system best practices across the organization.
- Attract, hire, grow, manage, and mentor highly skilled teams of Leads, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists, imparting an inclusive and collaborative culture .
- Lead, manage, and inspire a team of world class Lead data analysts and Lead data scientists, providing leadership through coaching on a regular basis.
- Participate in the recruitment of the best in class data analysts and data scientists.
- 8+ years of experience managing and supervising a team.
- Experience in creating a vision and roadmaps.
- 15+ years of work experience with Analytics and data science projects.
- 15+ years of experience with big data technologies.
- Balanced experience with highly technical projects and business projects.
- Experience developing and productionalizing data products and algorithms.
- Experience working with Near-Real-Time reporting and data products.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to develop and maintain good relations and integrate with people at all hierarchical levels across the organization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Azure ML.
- Familiar with Anomaly detection tools.
- Game industry experience highly desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.