At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for talented Data Engineers who possess a passion for Game Analytics. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore, India.
What We Do
- The Rockstar Analytics team provides insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We work together with a number of departments to design and implement data and pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses and machine learning applications.
- Resolve operational issues as they occur to maintain the team’s SLAs.
- Implement and support big data tools and frameworks such as HDFS, Hive, and Impala.
- Implement and support data models using Spark and Spark-ML.
- Assist in the development of deployment automation and operational support strategies on Hadoop and Snowflake.
- Deliver near-real time and non-near-real-time data and applications to a team of analysts and data scientists who create insights and analytics applications for our stakeholders.
- Maintain and extend our CI/CD processes and documentation.
- 5+ years of work experience with ETL, Data Modeling, and Business Intelligence Big Data Architectures.
- 5+ years of experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (Map Reduce, Spark, Spark-ML, Oozie, Hive, Impala, etc.) and big data ecosystems (Kafka, Cassandra, etc.).
- Experience developing and managing data warehouses on a terabyte or petabyte scale.
- Experience developing Machine Learning pipelines and data models.
- Strong experience in massively parallel processing & columnar databases.
- Experience with Python and shell scripting.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Deep understanding of advanced data warehousing concepts and track record of applying these concepts on the job.
- Expert in at least one SQL language such as T-SQL or PL/SQL.
- Good communication skills.
- Dynamic team player.
- A passion for technology - we are looking for someone who is keen to leverage their existing skills and seek out new skills and solutions.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience in real-time analytics applications.
- Experience in Lambda architecture and On-Premise Clusters.
- Experience with Java or Scala programming languages.
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Knowledge of RestAPI and Artifactories.
- Knowledge of the video game industry.
How To Apply
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.