Business Analyst - Commercial Strategy
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to further expand our NYC Publishing team. This role will be responsible for the lifecycle of Business Analytics, from ensuring that the data and technology is aligned to meet the needs of the business, maintaining & developing data tools, to the delivery of easily interpretable views across all levels of the Marketing department.
The key focus of this role is to prepare, visualize, and interpret data to identify opportunities in market opportunities and within our online services. Your goal would be focused on presenting analysis to key stakeholders to support, inform, and improve marketing tactics, objectives, and ROI. This role should be able to tactically deliver against the needs of the business, as well as raise the maturity / capabilities of the Marketing department to take advantage of data driven insights.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Publishing Team develops and executes all go-to-market campaigns and persistent Online games programming across Rockstar Games’ suite of titles.
- We are responsible for leading the strategic planning and creative execution for all facets of promoting and selling our titles including creative video and static asset development, product packaging, social media, events, partnerships, promotions, retail and much more.
- We are the key gatekeepers of the Rockstar Games brand, ensuring brand guidelines are adhered across all channels and overseeing all extensions of the Rockstar Games brand through all consumer touchpoints.
- We work closely with teams across all of publishing and the worldwide development studios to ensure seamless execution of plans internally, in our game titles and across the world, including the always on marketing of our Online game titles, Grand Theft Auto Online and Red Dead Online.
- Plan, scope, and execute analytical projects to meet the needs of business stakeholders.
- Explore strategic business opportunities using data and business/product knowledge.
- Identify strategic business questions, key metrics, and actionable insights.
- Manage multiple projects and coordinate with other teams to produce better business outcomes.
- Work with external agencies and in-house teams to improve our analytics capability.
- Deliver timely reporting & ad hoc insights.
- 4+ years in a position requiring data preparation, creation of reports/dashboards, and deep dive analysis or similar role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing.
- Experience in measuring and analyzing online marketing campaigns.
- Experience with dashboarding technologies e.g. Tableau, Datorama.
- Experience with advanced SQL querying & experience with large / complex customer and event level datasets.
- Games Industry experience preferred and a passion for video games.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong team spirit.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.