Associate Tools Programmer
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for enthusiastic Associate Tools Programmers who possess a passion for Tools development. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by all game development disciplines to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- These software tools range from digital content exporters, a data processing asset pipeline to game, CI/CD automation systems and UI editors.
- Work within the Tools team on a wide range of areas in an established codebase, such as our asset pipeline, automated systems or standalone user-interfaces.
- Collaborate with artists, programmers and designers, collating requirements and developing solutions to the technical challenges faced when building hugely complex and ambitious video games.
- Improve workflow and user experience.
- Maintaining and fixing bugs in the toolchain.
- Working within a schedule to deliver features and fixes effectively to deadlines.
- Provide frontline support to the art team for all of our content authoring tooling.
- A degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Programming skills (e.g. C++ or C#).
- Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of 3D mathematics (e.g. linear algebra, trigonometry and matrices).
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position:
- Experience developing software tools; command-line and user interfaces to process or display data.
- Experience developing User Interfaces with WPF, WinForms, Qt or similar.
- Experience with the 3ds Max SDK and MaxScript, or similar in other DCC packages.
- Passion for creating tools and working closely with your user base.
- Knowledge of Rockstar's game titles and passion for playing videogames.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.