Associate Production Coordinator: Face Animation
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for talented Production Coordinators who possess a passion for supporting creative teams. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s studio in Carlsbad. Whether it’s beach or mountains, San Diego has it all and is considered one of the best places to live year-round.
WHAT WE DO
- We provide technical support and develop animation technology to support Rockstar’s global Face Animation team.
- We are a global team who collaborate on pushing the boundaries of face animation on next generation hardware.
- We support and work closely with performance capture, technical art, character art, audio and animation teams across multiple projects at different Rockstar studios.
- Provide production support for the Face Technical team.
- Maintain schedules, help organize tasks and milestones, triage bugs, draft documentation and coordinate assets and deliverables.
- Help cross-team coordination of complex tasks: constantly keep an eye on the timeline and notify team members when action is required.
- Work closely with technical art and performance capture teams and the wider code, art and production teams worldwide.
- Coordinate meeting itineraries and digest complex technical discussions to ensure meetings are properly documented and actioned.
- Prepare presentation materials and capture in game footage and edit video material to showcase development progress.
- Degree or equivalent industry experience in a related discipline.
- Firm command of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic image and video editing skills (e.g. Photoshop/Illustrator, Final Cut Pro/Premiere etc).
- A player of games produced by Rockstar! Experience with a range video games and interest in games industry news and technology trends.
- Effective communication skills, ability to comprehend complex technical information in both written and verbal form, and author precise and clear emails, documentation, and notes.
- Strong time management skills, ability to focus and prioritize in fast paced work environment and keep all tasks and members of the team organized.
- Proactive at problem solving, foreseeing, and addressing issues to get the team what it needs to overcome obstacles.
- An aptitude for working in a deadline-focused team environment.
- Self-motivated and adaptable with strong problem-solving skills.
- An eagerness to learn new software and develop skillsets.
- Data management skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Production experience within games or entertainment industry.
- Proficiency in scheduling/bug tracking applications (e.g. Microsoft project, perforce, tableau, Jira, Shotgun, confluence / wikis, SQL or other databases).
- Familiarity with any animation package (e.g. Maya, MotionBuilder, Blender etc) or experience with motion capture.
- Face Animation knowledge.
- Computer Science degree or an equivalent is a definite plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.