Associate Media Marketing Manager
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking an Associate Media Marketing Manager to join the Marketing Department at our Manhattan, NYC Publishing office.
Paid media is a dynamic practice with a lot of innovation, this person should be aware of media trends with an ability to contextualize them based off the needs of Rockstar. This role is responsible for supporting Rockstar’s paid advertising campaigns, eventually growing into managing them. We are looking for someone who is hyper-focused on optimizing workflows and operationalizing media deliverables. In addition, this hire will work with a variety of cross-functional teams to help deliver the best paid media campaign experience possible. To deliver on this promise, they will be required to manage granular marketing plans, communicate those plans to creative, reporting & analysis, agencies, and international teams. This role will grow with Rockstar, which has a constant stream of new opportunities, products and initiatives.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Publishing Team develops and executes all go-to-market campaigns and persistent Online games across Rockstar Games’ suite of titles.
- We are responsible for leading the strategic planning and creative execution for all facets of promoting and selling our titles including creative asset development, product packaging, social media, events, partnerships, advertising, promotions, retail and much more.
- We are the key gatekeepers of the Rockstar Games brand, ensuring brand guidelines are adhered across all channels and overseeing all extensions of the Rockstar Games brand through all consumer touchpoints.
- We work closely with teams across all of publishing and the worldwide development studios to ensure seamless execution of plans internally, in our game titles and across the world, including the always on marketing of our Online game titles, Grand Theft Auto Online and Red Dead Online.
- Support paid media operations including campaign planning, execution and reporting with additional focus on workflow optimization.
- Work with senior media managers on post campaign budget reconciliation.
- Work with internal traffic and creative teams to ensure media deliverables dates are met.
- Help drive creative planning optimization & A/B testing activities.
- Create paid media audience segmentation & activations using our Customer Data Platform.
- Manage ad-hoc projects that help support paid media activities including media tool(s) QA and upgrades, competitive media campaign analysis, etc.
- Coordinate with media agency and international teams to update media plans.
- Manage paid media campaign’s purchase orders, invoicing, and payment.
- Compile updates on partner capabilities and stay abreast on competitive insights and industry trends.
- 4+ years of experience at a digital, advertising, or media agency and/or experience managing media at client business – preferably in the consumer entertainment or technology industry.
- Created media plans supporting multimillion dollar budgets.
- In-depth knowledge of the efficacy of media channels with a proven track record in digital, social and offline media.
- Experience in building and executing marketing plans.
- Experience providing creative briefs for asset development.
- Used a Customer Data Platform for audience targeting segmentation and activation.
- Deep understanding of market trends and fluency with brand measurement metrics and analytics. In addition, can create basic reports and ad-hoc analysis via excel, tableau or Datorama to help quickly communicate media campaign performance.
- Willingness to challenge convention and opt for the difficult path if that’s what is best for the project or initiative.
- Success in a fast-paced, always-on, ambiguous environment.
- Proven ability to effectively work with teams around the world.
- Managed media payment process including PO creation, invoice tracking and vendor/agency payments.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal (patient, empathetic and personable) skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments to anticipate and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to track campaign performance, analyze data and package up for executives.
- Agile, goal-oriented, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge.
- Ability to perform at a high level whether working as part of a team or independently.
- Capable of operationalizing tasks and workflow.
- A selfless, collaborative seasoned professional who will naturally go beyond roles and titles to get great work done.
- Capable of being impactful without the support of a large team of direct reports.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Preferred experience in D2C/E-Comm Marketing.
- Experience in entertainment marketing.
- Experience using Comscore, Kantar, Monday.com, Datorama and/or Tableau.
- A passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
- A love of video games, film, music and entertainment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.